Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Field Experience

I have been observing at Perrine Elementary in a kinder garden classroom for about a week now and I love it. It is the overflow classroom so there are 27 students instead of the average 18. The teacher I am working with is really great, she has been teaching for seven years and all seven of them have been in kinder garden. That is the grade that I want to teach. They are just learning how to be somewhat independent but they still need you for certain things. I really enjoy working with them. They range from age 4-5 and get really excited when I go in. I have just started and I need to do 55 hours for all my classes so I go Tuesday and Thursday for an hour and Friday all day.

3 comments:

  1. That must be such a great feeling. I can't wait until I start doing my observing. I have a 4 year old and that age is great! So many questions and curiosity from them. Best of luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I once had a teacher that said teaching kinder and first grade is one of the hardest things to do because you are essentially laying down the foundation that they need to move on to other grades! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats awesome Courtney... I had the same feeling when I walked into my second grade class at Immaculate. Little kids are the best, always energetic and wanting to learn more. Hope you enjoy the rest of your days there and good luck to your future goals!

    ReplyDelete